The restoration of the interior and exterior of the historic Summer Cottage, one of the last structures built on the estate in 1939, was a significant building project for the Foundation to undertake. Like the Winter and Engineer’s Cottages, the State leased the Summer Cottage to the Foundation in 2020 for 20 years and is to be rented as a private residence with income received by the Foundation to cover maintenance expenses. The project was designed by local architect Andrew Giambertone and meticulously restored. The Foundation financed the $1,400,000 project with the help of private and municipal grants. Sixteen decorators and landscape designers and their suppliers contributed to the upscale interior and exterior for a Designers’ Showhouse held in October 2020.